Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blog post #11

class of students using computers





In Ms.Cassidy's videos First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class and Skype Video With Ms.Cassidy she exemplifies the use of technology we have been talking about through the duration of EDM 310. Her work is more than just theory. She puts the use of technology in education into practice. As a result, her classroom has become highly successful. I admire her for stepping out ten years ago and taking a chance with this work when no one else was doing it. I like how she has the links set up on her class blog so her students can make easy use of it.

I think that all teachers should take a similar approach to teaching as Ms. Cassidy. Kids have much more capability for learning than we give them credit for. I think that it is great that Ms. Cassidy has all of the support that she has gotten. One of the obstacles standing in the way of revolutionizing the American education system to be more technological is support. In order for us to change this thing, we will need support from the federal government, school districts, school administrations, and even parents. Many parents in the U.S. would be fearful of their children's safety, but if we assured them we would design it the way Ms. Cassidy has it set up, then they would come on board.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah!
    My name is Courtney Holifield. I'm a student in EDM310 as well. I agree with how you like that Ms. Cassidy's class blog has links set up for easy access for her students. I liked how she said the class blog was a home base and that it's a place for students to begin their internet learning. I think having a class blog is a great way for safer learning on the internet! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete