Monday, November 28, 2011

Blog post #14

iPod Touch



I went to Jose Picardo's educational blog. Under the resource button on this blog was a list of many resources for teachers. I was amazed at all of the things that are out there that I did not know about. I can see now that even in EDM310 we have not used a fraction of the resources that are out there for us to use. This list can also be a great resource to build my PLN.

I watched Jose Picardo's video Top ten tips for using technology in the classroom. This video gave a lot of useful information that all teachers can use. In this four minute video Jose went through a list of ten things that will help us in our future classrooms. These ten things were Use Streaming video, Use music more often, Use teleconferencing tools, create your own interactive exercises, use your interactive whiteboard more effectively, Create your own podcasts, start a blog or wiki, use social networks, use internet tools, make the most of your pupils' gadgets. All of these things are important but must be used in the right way.

Out of the ten points a few stuck out to me more than the others. One of them was using the teleconference tools. An example of this type of tool is Skype. It would be great to be able to Skype your teacher if you had questions during the weekend on any homework. Another one that stuck out to me was number ten. It said that we should make the most of our pupils' gadgets. I have always thought students should be allowed to use their cell phones in class if they use them in a way that helps them to learn the assigned material.

No comments:

Post a Comment